AICS is a division of ASUS, with the mission to transform healthcare through AI. We are looking for a skilled and experienced data engineer to join our team! As a data engineer, you will be responsible for data preparation jobs, data analysis, and data reporting. You will be responsible for performing technical troubleshooting and providing technical expertise for database and ETL jobs.
- Working with unstructured data to cleanse and convert it into structured data.
- Take ownership of platform components and help set the vision and architecture for it.
- Evaluate, benchmark, and improve the scalability, robustness, efficiency, and performance of big data platforms and applications.
- Be responsible for data preparation jobs, data analysis, and data reporting.
- Skills with Python, Shell, and SQL as this is a hands-on position writing code.
- Strong ability for learning new technologies.
- Knowledge in MPP/NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Redis in large-scale environments.
- Great troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in using open source framework to build applications like airflow is a plus.
- Experience in using K8S to build applications is a plus.
- Ability to speak both English and Mandarin is a plus.